Saturday, March 2, 2013

Spinach Manicotti

This was by far one of my most favorite dinners! Maybe that's because I love any pasta type filled with any cheese... regardless, this dinner was a hit! 

A few things before we get started. You are going to want to make sure you have enough counter or table space to be able to make this. Also, make sure it's not a rushed dinner, it will take you about 30-45 minutes and that's not including the cooking time. So keep those things in mind!



Ingredients:
Lasagna Pasta
Mushrooms {optional}
Spinach
Ricotta Cheese
Pasta Sauce
Mozzarella Cheese

1. Take and cook the pasta, silly I know, but some people may overlook that step!


2. Cook your mushrooms and spinach or whatever veggies you decided on. I used my dad's amazing recipe for the mushrooms and then added the spinach in and it was perfect!
TIP: Make sure you keep the pasta in some water so they don't dry out and stick together!



3. Fill the pasta with a scoop of ricotta cheese and your fillers {mushrooms and spinach.} Don't add too much otherwise it will be very hard to roll up. Which is the next step!


4. Roll up your pasta and put it into any size dish that works for you. I sprayed a little {very little} oil on the bottom just to make sure that they didn't stick to the pan.



5. Pour the sauce over your pasta and then sprinkle some cheese on the top!




6. Bake it in the oven at 350 for about 15 minutes or so, just enough for the cheese to melt. Then serve up and enjoy! {we were so hungry that I forgot to get a finished picture!}




I hope you enjoy this dinner just as much as we did! And thanks to my wonderful husband who helped make this dinner. I'm pretty sure it would have failed if I did it on my own! Ha




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing a straight-foward, easy recipe for these! I have seen other recipes in the past, but people often seem to over-complicate them (same with alfredo sauce recipes).

    ReplyDelete