Friday, September 6, 2013

BBQ Sauce & Ribs!

Who doesn't love a good set of Baby Back Ribs?! I know my husband will never turn them down so I decided to make some tonight for him (sorry, no pictures but they looked yummy!) Alright, we had this big slab of ribs that were about to go back and heaven forbid that happens! So I had to figure out how to make ribs and make them quickly. But I had a dilemma... no BBQ sauce. Me being the creative person I try to be (ha!) I decided to make my own. And when I say that, I mean really on my own, no help from Google! Let me tell you.... my husband ranted and raved about this BBQ sauce the whole dinner! Now these are not exact measurements but I can at least tell you what I put in there.

BBQ Sauce:

Ketchup (Lots. This is the base of your sauce)
Mustard (Powder or regular)
A little bit of water
A splash of Apple Cider Vinegar
Curry powder
Hot Sauce
Liquid Smoke (A decent amount)
Ground Pepper
Worcestershire Sauce
Little bit of Soy Sauce

Mix all of this together in a sauce pan on low. If it is too thin add some flour or cornstarch but make sure to sift it in so it doesn't make your sauce clumpy. I left my sauce to simmer once it was all mixed for about 30 min or so.

Now on to the ribs!

Easiest recipe ever!

Take the ribs and rinse them off in water. Then place the ribs on some foil (make it a big piece) and add all the sauce you want. The more the better! Once you add the sauce add another piece of foil if needed to wrap them up tightly and let them sit for as long as you can (no more than 8 hrs though.) I let mine set for about 2 hours. After that turn your oven to 300 and place the ribs in there for 2.5 hours. Once you have let them cook in the oven for 2.5 hours, take them out, add more BBQ Sauce and then throw them on the grill (optional!) We put ours on there for about 15 min or so on medium, just enough to get the grill taste. Then voila! Your ribs are complete!

Hopefully your ribs will turn out just as delicious with or without the homemade BBQ Sauce! Let me know how yours turns out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment