Friday, February 8, 2013

Detox Bath Anyone?

So my husband is gone most Friday doing clinicals for school which leaves me home to think of fun, creative things to do! After a long day at work I decided that I was going to take a detoxing bath to relieve stress and relax me a little. Maybe grab a glass of wine and a good book to complete the evening. Well on my way home from work I stopped and grabbed the ingredients needed for this wonderful detox bath:
  • Epsom Salt
  • Baking Soda
  • Optional: Ginger
  • Optional: Essential Oils
I opted out on the ginger and essential oils just because they did not have them at Walgreens so next time I will try them and let you know! 

Anyway, so I turned the bath on hot, full blast because the water needs to be as hot as you can stand it, this way the mixture of the salt and baking soda and hot water, cant get rid of all those toxins in your body. The hotter the better! So I was preparing the bath and pouring my ingredients in and was all ready and so I jumped into the bath to realize that it wasn't as hot as I expected it to be, but I was determined to relax so I sat in the bath and turned my show on (Law and Order: SVU.) Well, about 5 or 7 minutes later the water was pretty much cold and I figured this defeated the purpose of a detox bath. So I decided to drain the water and start over, maybe I had had the cold water on too long? I got out, emptied the bath and started all over. About half way up the tub I decided to feel the water... It was still very lukewarm! I was so confused! But I sat in the bath and was very determined at this point to make it as best as I could. To make it long story short I had forgotten to pay the gas bill which heats our water and that's why it wasn't coming out hot! I paid my bill and figured I was done for the night but wanted to finish my show so I sat in the bath and finished it. Well near the end of the show I was getting cold so I turned the water on and guess what... It was scolding hot!! Too bad I was all out of ingredients at this point. 

Although my detox bath didn't turn out as planned (I tend to try again next week), I did notice that it cleaned off all the dead skin that was on my body. This was great to know for next time when I am sitting in the bath relaxing. So again, all you need is the ingredients listed above and HOT WATER! to enjoy a nice, detoxing, stress relieving bath.



No comments:

Post a Comment