Friday, February 22, 2013

Ombre Nails!

Something to know about me is that I LOVE nail polish! Just ask my husband, he was shocked at how many nail polish bottles I have when we started dating. And the fun thing is, I never spend anymore than $1.99 on a bottle because although I love the product, $8.00 is a little ridiculous for a tiny bottle of nail polish. Just to give you an idea... I have over 110 bottle of nail polish! Yup, it;s sad but true :) and I will continue to buy nail polish until I either run out of money or loose my finger nails haha.

So back to this post; a good friend of mine taught me how to Ombre nails! We did it on her but the pictures didn't turn out well so I decided to re-try it myself! Granted these pictures didn't come out fantastic either but it's easy and a fun look! Here it goes!


What you will need:
Nail polish!



Start with a fresh, clean nail so you have a nice palate to work with.




Next you will paint a thin layer whatever color you want on your nail. 



Let that layer dry and then move up on the nail slightly. Not quite half way up so... 1/3 of the way up the nail and paint another layer.


Once that layer dries paint one last layer on the top 1/3 of the nail.
I took the picture like this so you could kind of see the difference in layers. It looks much better in person, trust me! 



I had a lot of fun doing this and hopefully you will too! You can ombre with any color you'd like so make it fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment