Sunday, February 17, 2013

My Wedding!


My entire wedding was done with DIY items... ok so maybe 80% but still! I was very proud of myself and all of those who helped me. I would not have had a beautiful wedding if it wasn't for some great friends to step in and help me with all of my projects. Needless to say, my entire house is decorated with wedding stuff now and that was the plan; make stuff that I could use later. Every once in a while I will get in crazy crafting moods and the DIY in me comes out!

Here are a few things that were used at my wedding:

This was the sign we used to let our guests know they were on the right path to our reception!


Our food and drinks table all had big and little signs starting what was where and where to get the food and drinks!




The guess book area had chalkboard signs and a book where our guests could leave their note for us. The book was filled with pictures of Aaron and I through our relationship so the guests could see from day one until now. We also had pictures hanging from the ceiling from fishing line to make it look as though they were floating. Really neat looking if I do say so myself! :) 


At the reception we had a photo booth style area so our guests could take some funny pictures. The props were made by my new family (the in-laws). This is us trying to fit all the props on at once!


 I just had to add this picture! It's one of my favorites, some of the cutest kids! 

2 comments:

  1. I think it's great that your wedding included so much D.I.Y.! People put way too much value on expensive, flashy weddings...I think the D.I.Y. stuff probably made your ceremony more memorable for the guests.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a lot of hard work but so much fun and now my house is super cute!

      Delete